Vietnamese Shrimp & Cabbage Salad
- 12 ounces cold cooked shrimp (small)
- small head Chinese or napa cabbage
- handful fresh cilantro, diced
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tblspn peanut oil
- 2 tblspn fish sauce
- 2 tblspn Asian chile sauce or Sriracha
- 1 tblspn sugar (try coconut crystals as a substitute)
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 2 green onions
- 1/4 sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup CB’s Fresh Roasted Peanuts, coarsely chopped
Cook, peel, and chill shrimp. Slice cabbage into thin strips, about 1 to 2 inches long. Dice cilantro (stems and leaves) very thin (reserve some for garnish).
Mix vinegar, peanut oil, fish sauce, chile sauce, sugar, and ginger in a small bowl. Just before serving, toss shrimp, cabbage, sliced cilantro, carrot, and 6 tablespoons chopped peanuts with the dressing in a large bowl. Mound the salad and garnish with the remaining 2 tablespoons peanuts and cilantro sprigs. We sometimes like to add thinly sliced cucumber.